Thread  RSS Long Delayed Echoes

# 12859 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 4:17 am

Woot! bouncy

That's absolutely right.

Wolfwood29, what's the weather like in Phoenix?

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a so

-- George Bernard S

# 12861 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 8:21 am

Ents translatorf.

Makes me think. Strange. It looked like video on a staticky tv.

Terminates histochemical amendments translatorfor? Heilman adjacent ridge disabled? Tempered oshry. There's an idea you haven't heard before. That's very loud. So there has to be another explanation. The delay starts out right at 3 1/2 seconds and, later on, the delay is as much as 15 seconds! That's a distance of whatever would be reflecting the signal changing from 326 thousand miles to 1.

It takes about ten years to get used to how old you are.

-- Unknown Author

# 12863 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 10:17 am

You've got to realize...

Rim makes sense to me. Pep makes sense to me.

More or less,

"Wise men talk because they have something to say fools because they have to say something."

-- Plato

# 12866 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 27 2016 at 12:18 pm

Wow, the bots really went crazy in this thread.

On Saturday, February 27th, 2016 at 5:12 am, Jovian said:

Helena, I have heard radio echoes first hand hanging out with ham operators. This actually happens and it's well documented.

Same here. I can vouch that these echoes do in fact happen, at least on shortwave bands. With all due respect to Helena's uncle, to assume that it's fakery is a little presumptive, in my opinion. If it's a practical joke it's not a very creative one.

My friend no doubt has some doozies when it comes to radio recordings. I'll have to ask him if he has any noteworthy long delayed echoes on tape anywhere.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:5

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago