Thread  RSS Snow White with the Red Hair

# 12911 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 29 2016 at 6:35 pm

Akagami no Shirayukihime, or "Snow White with the Red Hair" has absolutely nothing to do with seven dwarves. Admittedly, it's a very Shojou anime but it's got some action.

The story is maybe a little oversimplistic and your standard fairy tale fare. The art style is the main attraction and if you like a basic sappy fairy tale romance story then this one's perfect.

It's currently airing so new episodes are still being released.

Shirayuki, the main character, is a chemist (pharmacist) who practices herbal medicine and is an expert on herbs and how to make many different kinds of medicine. She's rather brilliant in her field.

As far as the plot, there's not much to say. Like I said, no seven dwarves but it is formulaic in that Shirayuki falls in love with a prince and all of that. She runs from her home kingdom because the prince there's a wannabe pimp and tries to make her a concubine. She meets the "good" prince Zen, who scares the bjeebus out of the "bad" prince although the bad prince eventually becomes a bit nicer although he's a total idiot.

Um, like everyone else who posts anime series threads, I'll refrain from any spoilers.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Monday, February 29th, 2016 at 6:36 pm)

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 13069 8 years ago on Thu, Mar 17 2016 at 6:24 am
Post Image

It's a little dull and straight-laced, as if to not offend the intended audience.

Still, I love out of context screen caps from it.

You cannot comprehend me.

# 13077 8 years ago on Thu, Mar 17 2016 at 12:06 pm

Huh. Doesn't seem like something that would typically be said in a Shojou fairy-tale type anime. Would it have been any better if she said she did like them, though?

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 13080 8 years ago on Thu, Mar 17 2016 at 2:17 pm

Slap a Brazzers logo on that scene right there.

I hope there's an episode where Snow White with the Red Hair has to fight her arch nemesis Blood Red with the White Hair.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13084 8 years ago on Fri, Mar 18 2016 at 11:46 am

laughing - I guess without any context that IS a pretty awkward thing for her to say. It is true, in any context in which you could interpret it. Not that I particularly like being that vulgar, of course. glare

Well into the second season, it's a little frustrating that not much excitement has happened aside from a couple of episodes the entire series so far.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:16

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago