Thread  RSS IRC and XMPP (Jabber)

# 12948 8 years ago on Fri, Mar 4 2016 at 5:58 pm

I was using Skype off and on over the past couple of years but I've moved almost entirely over to using the Jabber and IRC servers on here.

If you do sign up on the Jabber server, I'm nitrocosm@chat.nitrocosm.com. If you use a different Jabber server, you should still be able to communicate with people on other Jabber servers.

As things are settling down a little around here, I don't log into the forums all the time. I will try to be around on the IRC and Jabber servers, though.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12951 8 years ago on Fri, Mar 4 2016 at 10:48 pm

Sure, why not add yet another IRC server to my list raspberry I switched over to using Thunderbird for IRC from WeeChat. Because consolidation.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 12959 8 years ago on Sat, Mar 5 2016 at 4:34 pm

I was in the IRC channel a few times but it was empty. If there's a specific time when people are going to be on, that would be useful. Not that it's necessary if we have the forums chat, which is a little more convenient anyway.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 12970 8 years ago on Sat, Mar 5 2016 at 7:53 pm

Oh, I usually don't stay logged in if I'm not at my computer. Otherwise, though, I'm definitely in the #Main channel.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12988 8 years ago on Mon, Mar 7 2016 at 5:01 am

That was kind of fun but I should probably look into putting an IRC client on my phone. The ones I've seen are all kinda clunky...

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:18

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago