Locked Thread  RSS Chrome Symphony [OOC] - Episode II

# 13170 8 years ago on Thu, Mar 31 2016 at 11:02 pm

Well, I've got a plausible reason for Elise to be around but not. Which is the smuggling of a not insignificant amount of gear up to space. That she isn't immediately going from the Doc's to the shuttle also makes things handy.

But if things are going to get serious over in that asteroid, it won't hurt to have some nice things. Although she doesn't have any armored spacesuits conveniently on-hand, so we'll have to hope for the best, there.

# 13171 8 years ago on Thu, Mar 31 2016 at 11:35 pm

Welcome back to the forums / RP. I was playing Elise temporarily until you got back.

For the new episode / chapter, I'll play the part of Dr. Camay Thameh. Since she's an A.I., she has an android body at the colony (just like she used temporary proxy androids planet-side during the meeting at the Velvet Room in Chapter 3).

Sounds good?

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Thursday, March 31st, 2016 at 11:38 pm)

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 13175 8 years ago on Fri, Apr 1 2016 at 4:23 pm

Honestly, if you still wanted to play Elise, I'd probably take the doctor's role, so not much has changed.

I'll toss up a few details for her here, as least as I'd thought them up when she was just an NPC. Whether you want to do anything with them or even include them, or not, is up to you.

She's officially a citizen of some science-focused colony out near Titan. She owns drones of various sizes and often uses them for scouting, or as a point to project an Augmented Reality avatar of herself for those who have basic wireless implants and AR displays (which are fairly ubiquitous among spacers, less so on Earth). For some very general ways to characterize an AI, they're not gods, although they DO tend to be better in the Matrix than just about anyone else, simply because they grow up and live there. On the other hand, anyone who spends most of their time as data is often ignorant of how living in actual "meatspace" works, lacking understanding of social cues and physical properties most people take for granted.

She's a member of an organization calling itself "Firewall," which seems to focus on unusual threats to humanity, and so-on. Her interests in Adepts and the possible trigger event that caused their emergence got their attention.

...and that's related to why we had to extract Dr. Heimborem. He's one of the EMA's top Adept researchers (and a fellow Firewall agent) who was imprisoned for various reasons (not the least of which may be discovery of his membership in this other nebulous group). He probably objected to some of the shadier lines of research, as well...

And here's probably what I'd use for her usual appearance, at least when she's not using some sort of proxy body. She does tend to change her looks often enough, for cosplay or whatever else.

User Image

Again, feel free to completely disregard ALL of the above and do your own thing, but now that she's not "just" and NPC, I might as well share my intents with her, in case anyone wants to see them or they're useful.

# 13186 8 years ago on Sat, Apr 2 2016 at 3:01 pm

The stuff Nitro mentioned earlier is probably going to get worked out and defined as we keep going with the story.

What we should plan is how to get into that asteroid base without their ship being seen.

# 13189 8 years ago on Sat, Apr 2 2016 at 4:03 pm

Yes. We do need to come up with a plan for that. I don't know if cloaking technology would exist yet in this universe.

Vega mentioned in chat that we could pose as a negotiator team for Crest but that would require some characters to either disguise themselves really well or stay hidden in some other area until things went loud, if they went loud at all.

Since the group was initially going to hide aboard a cargo ship, they might figure out when the next cargo ship is due to arrive at the asteroid and then hijack it.

We could also use a combination of ideas, as well. There's nothing wrong with a multi-pronged approach.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Saturday, April 2nd, 2016 at 4:04 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago