Locked Thread  RSS Chrome Symphony [OOC] - Episode III

# 13411 8 years ago on Thu, Apr 21 2016 at 9:24 pm

Nitro and I came up with something in chat.

Jax, staying at Shell's place, starts having these weird, vivid dreams. She feels that someone or something is calling her from the spaceship. She will insist that they send one more probe, this time with Duncan setting up some kind of "jamming" signal that successfully defeats the spaceship's detection systems.

The probe will send back some images that intrigue the others and they'll insist they accompany Jax. Jax, being an A.I., will realize how strange it is for her to have dreams and will become obsessed with finding answers on the spacecraft.

When the group finds the humanoid corpse, Jax will recognize it from her dreams.

How's this sound to everybody?

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Thursday, April 21st, 2016 at 9:24 pm)

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 13414 8 years ago on Fri, Apr 22 2016 at 8:50 am

I'm good with that. I would lean more toward the sphere of fun being the cause of the adepts phenomenon rather than the alien although the alien could be linked to the sphere 'o fun in some way.

Are we pretty much good to go again?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 13416 8 years ago on Fri, Apr 22 2016 at 9:24 am

Aside from the sphere not being the source of the phenomenon (we kind of established that it was in the previous episode), it all sounds good to me.

Perhaps the alien was the previous steward / caretaker of the sphere o' fun (that's what we're calling it now? Works for me) and something happened in the distant past. Maybe the system wasn't supposed to appear near Earth but General Mulhauser or some other corrupt person found a way to change things for their own nefarious purposes.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13419 8 years ago on Fri, Apr 22 2016 at 4:42 pm

I'm not sure what else to call the sphere, other than "the sphere". Possibly with capital letters. It is worth mention that the corpse being related t any subtle radiations or strange global phenomena was on an assumption that the Sphere was not also present. So of course it's still doing its thing.

Jess is going to get at least some involvement with "Crest supposedly had this thing. Find everything you can on it."

As I am not a clever man, my answer for "why would we want to go there?" is still "because it's there and very likely correlated with the adept phenomenon." Thus, whether it's in person or by other means, we would want to go there, particularly if we are interested in investigating said phenomenon and things related to it.

So, there's some things I do still want to actually throw into the game, and one way I could do it would be, rather than anything the protagonists need to do prior to going to the ship which would introduce a new protagonist, I could just play an antagonist or group of them. And do things like show up to make some trouble after you're already there. They'd probably be a team associated with EMA, or what remains of it. Rumors of the company's demise are greatly exaggerated.

# 13425 8 years ago on Fri, Apr 22 2016 at 6:40 pm

Jess could contact Camay and actually request the mission. Crest can provide a shuttle to take the group there. We should have one successful probe go first and when Duncan figures out how to evade the ship's detection, it's a go.

I'm ready to start. How about you all?

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:45

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago