Locked Thread  RSS Chrome Symphony [OOC] - Episode III

# 13385 8 years ago on Wed, Apr 20 2016 at 6:31 pm

It's not a complete wash. There are plenty of good ideas to work with so far. We just need to figure out where to go from them.

# 13386 8 years ago on Wed, Apr 20 2016 at 6:49 pm

I think we should have a big group planning session or two in chat if we can get several players online at the same time.

It could be fun just doing that!

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 13387 8 years ago on Wed, Apr 20 2016 at 7:09 pm

I had a couple crazy ideas in the shower. Well, and a not so crazy one. So, here we go.

To get a better look at the mysterious space object, just send a probe or similar close to it, but outside of the range of whatever took out the first couple, and point a telescope at it from there.

And now the crazy ideas:

It's a spaceship. Heavily damaged and clearly derelict, but a spaceship. You can even still make out a few letters on the hull: "E LD" and the rest is a mess.

My crazier one is at least one thing that could be found inside, but it might be too much. Or going too far ahead. But what the hell! If people ever go investigate, there's some sort of humanoid corpse in there, clearly impaled by a sword of unusual composition.

# 13388 8 years ago on Wed, Apr 20 2016 at 7:25 pm

I really like this idea. I'd also like to suggest that this space craft is very, very, VERY OLD. Like, much older than it should be. Perhaps it is thousands of years (I'm thinking of the Eldridge from Xenogears, obviously, but why not... the wrecked Eldridge was so cool).

Hey... wait a sec... Vega, were you thinking the same thing I was thinking?

Also, what if the spoopy skurleton in the ship was actually General Mulhauser?

I'm going to brainstorm a bit more tonight and dump more ideas in this post later on.

EDIT:

Vega, what are some Shadowrun / cyberpunk elements we could add to the story as things currently stand? I know we're leaning toward a space opera type of thing but are there any cyberpunk themes you wanted that didn't really see any use so far?

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 at 10:28 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13394 8 years ago on Wed, Apr 20 2016 at 10:35 pm

The key to getting the group to travel to this thing is going to be in finding something alarming or very profound in the signal and matching it further to what Duncan and Shell grabbed from the sphere on NEA726.

The dead humanoid on board is interesting and I like the idea of it leading to more revelations but I don't have any specific ideas for that.

All we'd need is an urgent message back from the L1 colony to Dr. Thameh saying "holy crap we've matched this to the NEA726 stuff" and a probe, like Vega said, that stays just out of range so that it's not destroyed but it uses an on board telescope to get some decent images.

Bonus points if someone makes some art of the thing.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:18

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 months ago
Lexica5 months ago
Wolfwood295 months ago
Miroku6 months ago
Doitsujin6 months ago