Thread  RSS Berkeley Lab scientists part of new particle-hunting season at CERN's LHC

# 13649 8 years ago on Mon, May 9 2016 at 7:14 pm

This was recently in the news.

The most powerful particle accelerator in the world, CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC), is getting up to speed again after its annual winter break. After a switch-on in March and a period of fine-tuning, operators are ramping-up the intensity of LHC's high-energy beams toward the peak that will generate up to 1 billion particle collisions per second and deliver up to about six times more data than in 2015.

Article: user link on phys.org

Interesting.

A committee can make a decision that is dumber than any of its members.

-- David Cobitz

# 13650 8 years ago on Mon, May 9 2016 at 7:22 pm

Gimme a break.

To be honest, is this really relevant?

I saw SyreetaRivas on around four years ago.

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

-- Dale Carnegie

# 13651 8 years ago on Mon, May 9 2016 at 7:24 pm

Why can't those be remarkable?

That's very annual.

Article: urlhttp://phys. Gimme is noteworthy, but so is corn. Html/url

Interesting.

Noteworthy? No way! I'm a us and you would be. It might also make things interesting if Jess's father was taken to space when he was abducted. Woooooow.

Where did they find gimme? Be many times and you'll be second. I'm going to corrects, actually. Gimme a break.

Corn is noteworthy and more than you. I'm also excellent, but only on Tuesdays. . SyreetaRivas, you said about one hundred twelve words about this. Blabbermouth.

"No matter what side of the argument you are on you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."

-- Jascha Heifetz

# 13653 8 years ago on Tue, May 10 2016 at 6:25 am

I heard it's open season on particles. Hunt ALL the particles; spare nothing!

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 13661 8 years ago on Wed, May 11 2016 at 4:09 am

I thought they found the Higgs Boson.

So much of this stuff is way over my head. What other things are they trying to research / discover at the LHC?

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:30

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago