Thread  RSS Discuss your favorite anime thread

# 7310 8 years ago on Mon, Dec 21 2015 at 12:13 am

Welp, lemme get this started.

You certainly don't have to be an anime fan to be welcome here but it's probably common around here. I'm not exactly one of those over-the-top anime fans that spouts Japanese phrases and words intermingled with normal English, but I casually enjoy anime on a regular basis.

Here's a list of my current picks:

• Steins;Gate
  • Attack on Titan
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Big O
  • Trigun
  • Gurren Lagaan
  • Eureka Seven

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7349 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 12:10 pm

Sword Art Online is my pick these days. Good story and characters. Reminds me a little of the many different dot Hack series (which got confusing). Aint bad if you got time to check it out.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 7361 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 5:26 pm

To tell the truth, I'm more old-school when it comes to anime. Akira's probably one of my all-time favorites.

Not too much into complete series but more OVA's or feature-length one-offs. The Macross movies are pretty good IMO.

Interesting.

# 7383 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 10:22 pm

I've seen Macross Zero but it was a very long time ago.

Right now, I'm watching Argevollen (well, WAS watching until I sprinted through December to finish up this forum system). I was also watching Infinite Stratos but, frankly, I got bored with it since it was mostly fan service and very deficient in terms of story and character development.

Here's what's on my current list:

• Argevollen
  • Shimoneta
  • The Rolling Girls (not sure if I'm going to finish this one)
  • Your Lie in April (makes me jealous of the piano skills)
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
  • Terror in Resonance
  • Heavy Object

If anyone's watched these, let me know if they're worth finishing.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8496 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 3 2016 at 9:12 pm

Not much time for anime or tv shows lately, but you know I love Gundam and of course Trigun.

As for your list, Terror in Resonance is definitely worth it. A little dark but you'll find it interesting, I'm sure.

Heavy Object, uh, I'd not know whether to suggest it or not. I've heard some good and bad things about it regarding pacing.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:21

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago