Thread  RSS Peppermint Tea

# 11552 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 12:32 am

Give me a good Earl Grey, any day. Although for years now I've been hooked on my constant fix of strong Joe and energy drinks. What, a heart attack in my 30's? Uhhh, jeez I hope not. All in moderation.

Of course I could always just go for a b33r h33r. b33r

A pure peppermint tincture might be a nice alternative if you're cutting the caffeine, but it's weaksauce to those of us who can't bear the thought wink

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11572 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 8:52 pm

Can you call something extracted in water a tincture? I'm not sure.

As far as quitting caffeine, I tend to drink Peppermint tea in lieu of coffee; yes.

Hmmm. Earl Grey tea. Now you're talking a proper cup of tea, there. It must be brewed at just the right temperature to get it perfectly. I'm sure there are tea snobs that know exactly how to prepare the perfect brew.

A nice side effect of pure peppermint is that it freshens your breath. That's good when I want to relax and lose my ability to knock a possum off a garbage truck just by breathing.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11574 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 9:18 pm

Honey lemon tea is good, too. Peppermint needs just a little bit of sugar in it, IMO. Or you could put honey in peppermint but I don't know what that would taste like.

I can't drink coffee, it makes me feel sick and jittery. sick

Earl Grey is good but there's no need to be persnickety about how it's made. Just make it like normal, it won't mind!

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11578 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 9:39 pm

Helena, I think everyone starts out with bad side effects from coffee. Me, I prefer a good beer b33r sassy

Speaking of tea snobbishness, there's plenty of beer snobs where I live. We just kind of smile and nod when they talk about their favorite microbrew. It's a hipster thing.

Interesting.

# 11580 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 9:44 pm

I go with a basic black tea of one sort or another, myself. English breakfast, or similar. Taken...well..."black," no sugar, no milk. I keep a few boxes of tea at the office so I an have a cup after getting in, which is usually right around when I want some, particularly in cold weather I probably just walked through.

Oddly, when I cut soda more or less completely out of my diet, I did not have any expected caffeine withdrawal.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 at 9:45 pm)

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:32

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago