Thread  RSS Chrome Symphony - Episode III [OOC] - Second Thread

# 13577 8 years ago on Thu, May 5 2016 at 12:23 am

We could still run into some EMA folks. I don't know what they'd be doing on the asteroid, however. I think that adepts under mind control are the main threat, other than the sphere and Mulhauser itself.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 13588 8 years ago on Thu, May 5 2016 at 11:22 am

I know we're just going hog wild and playing this fast and loose but I'm AMAZED at how well this is working right now.

Jess, Renk, and Atlas are in an alternate universe. Nice.

Alright, we've been playing off each others' improv like gangbusters this chapter but I'm still going to ask that we plan something out. How we are actually going to make the orbital cannon self destruct or make the sphere thing self destruct if the asteroid isn't where Jess and her guys are?

Some ideas I had before lunch:

1 - There's no orbital cannon anymore. The asteroid's a non-starter.

2 - Benton Mulhauser is nearby in the other reality. Jess, Atlas, and Renk could break free, hunt him down, and either kill or capture him (probably capture him or at least destroy whatever he's using to control the big evil thing)

3 - How are they going to get back to their own reality? If the sphere is destroyed in normal space (in their world of origin), what's the MacGuffin to let them get back?

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 13589 8 years ago on Thu, May 5 2016 at 7:30 pm

Here are some ideas regarding your questions, Karma:

1. They expected the asteroid to be on the other side of the warp when Renk slowed down time and got them through. It turned out that they ended up somewhere else entirely, so I'd say the cannon won't be the focus of their mission anymore.

2. Stopping Benton is probably going to be the key to all of this. We should establish how he took control, what he's doing, what he plans to do, and what it will take to stop him.

I would suggest that Benton didn't expect Duncan and Shell to jam the sphere. My explanation for the ghost ship exploding is that the sphere malfunctioned horribly and that version of it was destroyed as an unintended consequence of what Duncan and Shell were doing. Benton should probably give a big monologue again, complaining about how the sphere quit working for him.

3. Getting back to their own plane of existence (or whatever you want to call it) would probably be as easy as setting up the machine to create another warp (it stands to reason it can still do this unless the whole system was destroyed entirely, which I'd assume it wasn't since Jess and the others weren't vaporized) and then setting it to self destruct.

Part of this operation would be convincing EMA to vacate the facility if they're going to make the system self destruct. As for Benton, capturing him might be nice but simply taking out the system would be enough to "save the world" as it is.

What do you think?

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Thursday, May 5th, 2016 at 7:31 pm)

# 13593 8 years ago on Thu, May 5 2016 at 8:08 pm

Jess won't know it yet but she's going to find a way to get everyone back to their own dimension while diving.

My plan is for Jess to grab Benny's dive gear, force him to unlock it, and go deep, deep into that sphere's system. What I have planned inside the dive, I'll post in a few minutes.

EMA will have to be ordered to evacuate and after Jess dives she'll be able to get Atlas and Renk with her to safety.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 13595 8 years ago on Thu, May 5 2016 at 10:30 pm

I approve of these developments, heartily. yes

It's weird playing both Chester and Atlas.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:23

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago